Skin Deep: The Underrated Skincare Hack You Need to Try Now
Welcome to Skin Deep a new series where we dive into the latest trends, talk key ingredients, and have conversations with beauty leaders.
Nothing beats the glow you get after getting a facial with a licensed esthetician, but we’re pretty impressed with the results we’re seeing just by incorporating a gentle facial massage practice at home.
Whether you opt to use a tool (like a gua sha or roller) or just your hands (our preference!), gentle facial massage offer myriad benefits for your complexion and even your overall wellness. Let's take a look, shall we?
Potential Benefits of Facial Massage:
1. Relieves Tension and Tones Facial Muscles: If you hold tension in your jaw or brow area (both completely normal), gentle upward and circular massaging motion can help release those muscles, improving overall skin tone.
2. Reduces Puffiness: A quick facial massage increases your blood flow and boosts your circulation, helping to decrease puffiness, even and detox the skin.
3. Releases Toxins: Facial massage can help kickstart lymphatic drainage in your face, which flushes out waste and toxins.
4. Boosts Product Absorption: Facial massage helps you get the most out of those actives in the serums and face oils you love.
5. Gives You a Feeling of Calm and Relaxation: We love the complexion boosting benefits of facial massage, one of the best parts about it is the general feeling of centering and relaxation it imparts.
Ready to get flowing? Here's an easy facial massage technique to start with:
Step 1. With clean hands, apply a face oil or serum that glides well (the Ancient Vine Vitality Serum with Vitamin C is an optimum choice!)
Step 2. Using your fingertips or a roller, start from the center of your face and move outward, to naturally stimulate the lymphatic system to drain the fluid. No need to apply pressure, gentle is the key here.
Step 3. Massage in the the direction of your face’s contour, finishing with the jaw and forehead.